Able Kone Gold Filter
$180.00 (Recommended Retail Price)
- 1 x Reusable Kone Filter Gold
- Instruction Card
Dimensions & Capacity:
- 101mm H x 130mm D x 130mm W
- Weight: 95.1g
- Fits Standard 6, 8 & 10 Cup Chemex® Coffee Makers
- Fits KONE Brewing System
- Flat Cone Tip For Safety
- Stainless Steel Photo Etched Filter Media – 18K GOLD Plated
- Food Safe Plastic Structure Support Ring
The KONE Coffee Filter is a stainless steel reusable filter which allows for more oils and a fuller bodied cup of coffee than paper. Designed to create the best coffee possible for those seeking an alternative to paper filters.
The Gold Series Kone, DISK, and DISK Fine perform very similarly to their stainless steel counterparts, with two minor exceptions:
1. Gold is chemically unaltered by air, moisture, and almost everything else, so it doesn’t impart any taste into the cup. We can’t taste any steel when we brew with the Kone and DISK — stainless steel is itself very resistant to corrosion, and should not impart any taste under normal use — but science says that gold is even more resistant.
2. The gold filters are more slippery than their steel brothers. This makes them slightly easier to clean. We’ve also found the coffee bed to sink more readily in the Gold Kone, perhaps allowing for a more even extraction.